Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Mowing The Yard

Last night I mowed our yard.

For the first time.

Like I MOWED for the first time...EVER.

The advantages of getting married at the ripe-old-age of 22 means that you go straight from rental house with roommates to apartment or home with a husband!  So, I never had to do the lawn.

Here's some pics:

Our yard...
It's huge!  Scotter did the edging.


 Scott always wears tall socks when he mows, so I had to follow suit, of course!

Here are a few things I learned:

1.  I don't know why my dad never made me mow.  I would have if I were him.  I was thinking last night in the heat that if we have a daughter, (**someday**) I definitely want her to learn how.

2. How to start the lawnmower.  This made me feel weak.  Also, don't put your toe under the sides or front of the lawnmower, ever.  Scott reiterated this with me quite a few times.

3. You get a lot more done in the yard with two people!

4. Making pretty lines is hard, and downright impossible at the corners.

5. When you see someone with a leaf blower and think, "why is that man blowing the leaves that way? He should just blow the other way and it would work way better." Yeah, the leaf blower has no sense of direction.  It's a bit chaotic, just like Britney and K-Fed.


1 comment:

  1. I am super impressed!!! And also thankful I have a pass in the form of pregnancy this summer in case Wade starts to get any ideas ;) bet it was a good workout!

    ReplyDelete