Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Confessions (a la Anne)

My friend Anne used her facebook a few weeks ago to get a few confessions off her chest, and I thought I would share a few of mine.

1. I am HORRIBLE at compound words.  I have to look up everytime every time... every time I use it.  Other ones I hate are: eachother, everyother,  anyone - I always think that is two words, sometime- two words again, and someday.  

2. I am a math teacher, but I always forget where the dashes go in written out numbers.  For example, twenty-one. So when I teach that lesson, I have to review it well for myself too!  I'm sure after a year or two of consistent teaching I'll have it down, but it's just not something you use very often, eh?  Writing checks gives me heartburn sometimes!

3. I'm reading the Harry Potter series...again. I have read it all the way through once, and then the first and the last books both at least twice.  Luckily, I loaned my collection to Cici so I have to wait to read the fourth one until she is finished.  I have a lot of books on my 30 before 30 list, so I need to get crackalackin.  I found some more educational books that I want to read so I also need to purchase those!

4. I hate American Idol.  I'm sorry friends and family that love this show, but I think I have watched it twice (not all the way through) in my life.  I'm very glad for the people who love it, I just can't do it.  I like some of the artists who have come through the show like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Elliot Yamin (I went through a moment of that because I didn't understand how that voice came from that kid) and Phillip Phillips which is the awesomest name ever.

5. I also hate ironing.  I have 3 shirts in my closet that need to be ironed and have just been sitting there waiting to be ironed for, um, sixth months...and that's being kind to myself.  If my grandmother read this, she would make fun of me for weeks.  It also helps that I'm not working (as a professional) so I don't need blousey type shirts very often.

6. I listen to no less than 6 podcasts a day.

7. I'm watching the 90210 series on the CW.  Liam is in some serious trouble, and I canNOT believe that Naomi kissed that dude.  Wow, it felt good to get that one off my chest.  

more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment