Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Quitting nursing.

This is on my 30 before 30 list.  It was kind of one of those things that I put on there just so I could cross it off.

We are right in the midst of quitting!  I read a lot about quitting but in the end it's another one of those nebulous things that can't be explained in a checklist.  Everyone does it differently and from what I have found there is no perfect way.

A few notes:

I HATE the word wean.  Cici hates the word panties.  What word do you hate?  This is why I'm just saying quitting nursing.

I started quitting with 3 nursings spread through the whole day (6am, 12:30ish, and 7:15pm)  I left the 12:30 in the dust first last week.

We have been doing sippy cups with straws, which he likes... but he still hasn't mastered those so we are reverting to the bottle for a week or two so that I can make sure this kid is getting his daily need.

Going with cold milk.  Doc said to try that first and hopefully he would take it, and then we wouldn't have to warm our milk.  He's doing well with this especially since we changed back to a bottle today.

I'm slightly uncomfortable.  yikes.

I thought it would be hard to let go, but Kai has been sick this week so we have gotten a lot of good cuddle time!

I'm also hoping that this may help my back pain a little.  Being a nursing mom keeps your hormones out of whack so keep your fingers crossed that this strengthens and heals me some!

Lastly, I'm ready to not have any dietary/medicinal/adult beverage restrictions.  I'm not some crazy indulgence type of person, but just having freedom back is a great feeling.  I found out I was pregnant in January of 2011 so almost two years of being restricted.

I should be done by 10/27 and at the very least by Halloween. 

4 comments:

  1. Cheers to that! So happy "quitting" is going well. And I have totally gotten over panties since having a girl. I don't say it often, but I don't cringe when I do now. Can't wait to see you guys next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I just saw this! Congratulations! It's ok to be sad and happy about it. I think I cried on her last day, LOL. It is soooo nice though, I hope you're enjoying it, and way to go for making it so long! What a wonderful gift for Kai! Now, just don't move to another state because apparently nursing only covers local germs, as Addy is my key example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mere! He has been healthy lately...knock on wood. We've only had a rash b/c of this bubble bath I bought him. If you would just stop moving around maybe your child could catch up. Unless you decide to move to TX, then allergy problems would be okay. : )

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete