Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My favorite wines!

It is 10:53 AM so what better to talk about than my favorite wines....Don't ask me why this came up on my radar (not that anyone follows, or comments on my blog) but I was just thinking about how delicious wine is last night and decided it needed a post.

I have learned a few things about wine over the years and let me tell you, the most important thing is to love the wine you are drinking!  If you don't love it, then you are drinking just to drink and who needs to do that?  That's what Natty Light is for, or at least that is what I hear.

I started with Rieslings when I first tasted wine because it was so sweet and now I have moved all the way to the super spicy and or "full bodied" red wines. 

Malbec: This is a wine that I look for from South America, usually Chile or Argentina.  I just looked it up and evidently there is a variety of grape grown in Bordeaux that is used in French wines, but they are not the same!  Who knew.  I like the ones from down south, and generally they are reasonably priced and yumtastic. Usually I'll buy whatever is cheap.  I haven't really had any in Texas...and if it's not a Texas wine it better be on sale!

Pinot Noir: Can't go wrong with a good pinot.  Scott and I have drank this for most of our marriage, and it's a little less intense than a Malbec or a Cab. La Crema makes a wonderful Pinot, but it's pretty pricey at the grocery store and at restaurants! Make sure it's a great occasion.

Cabernet Sauvignon: I just started drinking these again.  Becker vinyards in Texas has a super yummy Iconoclast Cab that is a great companion to any meal.

Pinot Grigio: A great white.  This is not so sweet and great with most meals.  Try Flat Creek Estate Winery's bottle, it's a win, win, win.

A few good bottles lately (Because we went to Santa Ynez/Los Olivos)

Fess Parker (The Big Easy Syrah) Surprisingly awesome.  Usually syrahs are too much for this gal.  We bought a bottle and flew it home!  Shared it with some friends.  Delish.

We also went to a vineyard known for their Savignon Blancs.  Blew me away!  I hate them.  Always have.  But they were so crisp and great.  Uhhhhhhhhh, I have to ask the hubby what that place was called.  It was the third vineyard we tasted at that day and I can't even remember.

*Note: This was a very peppy post.  Lot's of silly words, and interesting placements of exclamation marks.  mmmmmmmmmm, wine.  Back to my big fat bottle of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment