Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ready to Shop!

The amount of bright TCU purple t-shirts I have been wearing lately has been a little over the top.  You know that your family has an affinity for a school when you can fill an entire load of laundry in the color of your alma mater.  We can do that with all of our purple shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, blankets etc.

I have been following a few great blogs lately and though I am not going to do any closet challenges like my friend Jen (see her cute blog here) I do want to make my wardrobe a little more than just purple pre-shrunk cotton!  Jen is trying to wear everything in her wardrobe and donate items that she doesn't need any more, what a great idea!  I really liked the part about turing the hangers around, so simple, so brilliant!  I stood in front of all my clothes a few weeks ago after I read her post and thought, "I maybe wear about 15% of this regularly, why do I need all this to just sit here and mock me and why can't I donate plenty of great items to Goodwill or even trade with friends?"

As a stay at home mama, I look in the closet and peruse and then, with a big old sigh, end up just wearing....whatever.  Usually, with a sweatshirt or large sweater on top.  Somedays, I'm super happy with that situation and somedays, I realize I should put on real clothes before my husband comes home or I will have just been in jammies since my workout at 9am.  Not that I'm trying to just be cute for my husband...I am cute/put together for me, darn it!  Such the feminist at heart. Plus, I see staying at home with Kai as my job for now, so I feel like if I put myself together a little better on a daily basis then that is one more way that I can also maintain my own identity/self-expression. I have heard many mamas say that it is easy to lose your self when you stay at home and become consumed with such a precious kiddo.

I received a few gift cards and some cash for Christmas...time to shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment