Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Yesterday...

Scott and I are so sad to say that we had to give up our sweet pup, Juno, yesterday.

We contacted the place that we adopted her from five years ago and their policy is that pups adopted from them, return to them.   There is a story here, but the lady was none too happy to take her back, in the sense that she made us feel as if we were abandoning Juno... which I understand, but sometimes you just have to make REALLY hard decisions.  There was a LOT of guilt involved, but she did take her because her first priority is the dogs that she adopts out.  I really wish the situation had been more amicable, but she never wanted to understand our side of the story.

Our first priority is our family and our son, Kai.  Juno made us nervous on a daily basis around Kai and we tried to train her to obey but had little luck.  I had a long phone conversation with a friend's dog trainer and came to the realization that there are just a lot of dog breeds out there that are not compatible with children.  We could have done more training, however, it would be very time consuming, expensive and guarantee no results as to her ever getting along with one baby (let alone two in the future!!)

Juno was a stray when we adopted her so we do not know her background as far as her breed goes or even if she suffered abuse at the hand of a previous owner.  She had some pretty skittish moments and was skeptical of many adults which made me think something happened in her past.

Scott took the horrible responsibility of driving Juno back up toward DFW to meet the lady and drop her off.  We all thought it was best that I didn't go as I had some choice words for our guilt trippy lady, and my emotions would have been off the charts.

We will miss you sweet girl, and we hope you find a new home with no kiddos and parents that will love you, play with you, and treasure your wonderful personality.  Thank you for a fun 5 years, girl.

Here are some of Juno's greatest hits:


as a pup....











In the snow...





Just being cute...



Getting muddy in the backyard, there was a time I came home to this on a daily basis. 
 I had to pick her up and bathe her after work!!




Love.


p.s. if you want to comment on this story, please be kind with my heart.  I'm so torn up about this, and I just wanted to share about this because I'm sad and needed to let a teensy part of it go.  Give your sweet doggies a big hug for me today!

4 comments:

  1. Love you, Hatters! You would never have been able to forgive yourself if something had happened to Kai. Trust your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying for you and how you must be feeling. Sometimes the right choices are the toughest to make. ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you guys had to make this tough decision :( and even more sorry the lady made it harder on you! Hope you guys are able to feel at peace with your decision and be confident you did what need to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, sweet Juno! She wasn't always a big fan of me but I always loved that little pup. :) She will be missed by all who loved you guys.

    ReplyDelete