Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Crackin' me up

So there are two days left in November, and I've only posted a handful of times this month! Blerg.  Right now, I want to write to Kai.

Dear Big Baby,

You are doing the funniest things these days.

Every time I give a big belly laugh, you laugh right along with me.

You started clicking your tongue yesterday and we will have nice long tongue clicking conversations together.

You have, fairly successfully, moved over to sippy cups!  We didn't use a paci very long with you and have tried to keep the bottle time-span short as well.  It makes a mama and daddy so happy to put those bottles away, especially since we bought the ones with 5 parts a piece.

You are still "reading" every chance you get.

You are playing a version of peek-a-boo.  We thought you understood the game because you played it multiple times with a blankey but we quickly realized that you didn't quite get the rules.  All you do is lift a blankey or toy up over your head and then pop it back down quickly.  When you first started doing it the item was hiding your face, but now you will just play with anything.  I can see your face, but I still say, "where's Kai?" because I just can't bear to not play this silly game.

Whenever you wake up from a long nap you sit up quickly, but then proceed to tip over as you fall back into a nap induced stupor.

Your smile always makes me melt, even when I know you've been a stinker at school.  I feel bad for your teachers because I come in being all cute with you, when they have had to deal with your moodiness all day long!  You hide it well when mama's face shows up in your classroom, my dear.

I posted this on Instagram the other day, entitled: little baby, big world.


Love you!

2 comments: