Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Currently Reading

My son woke up at five this morning (darn that daylight saving time!) So I'm sitting here listening and watching via our video monitor as he protests waiting until six to get up and out of that crib.  There are moments I think he'll go back to sleep, but then...NOPE!

So here I am to tell you about my current book.

11/22/63 by Stephen King.

I started it way back in September when we went to Cali, and I'm just now coming back around to it.  I re-started the Harry Potter series and I'm also working my way through a couple of teaching type books for my 30 before 30 list, as well as a book about the Paleo Diet.  I've been interested to hear the science behind it.  Anyone have any feedback on it, good or bad?  (We aren't dieters per se, but I do like to know what real research says and best practices on getting a little healthier!)  Oh! And I'm also close to finishing Soul Revolution by our Pastor at church.

So this book...

Good schtuff so far.  The set up was a little slow, but the main character, Jake, finds a port back in time through this older gentleman who owns a diner.  He travels back to 1958 to prevent the JFK assassination, so it seems as though he is going to have to live a few years in the past in order to get to 11/22/63.  Then he should be able to get back to the port and walk back into 2012 like it was 2 seconds later and have a cup of coffee with the old man that showed him the port in the first place.  At least that's the plan!  I will say that I'm waiting for some creepy Stephen King plot lines though.  I can't tell if this is going to be scary/suspenseful or just good ole regular suspense.

yay books.

Note: It sounds like I'm reading a lot, and I do...however, it's in the little moments that I can grab.  Dishes and laundry tend to get back burnered by me quite frequently.


No comments:

Post a Comment