Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

ELECTION!

I'M WATCHING CNN AND IT FEELS LIKE EVERYTHING THAT I WRITE SHOULD BE IN A SHOUTING TONE!

Wolf Blitzer is updating us by the second on who is leading and where.  Florida is so super tight right now!  Maybe I need some more drama in my life but I find this stuff really fun.  I just really enjoy watching these reporters pee their pants about the county map of each state, and press all the little buttons on the screen so fast that my eyeballs can't keep up.

I really wish that Texas was a swing or critical state, because there would be some really awesome interviews from people out in west or south Texas that want to secede from the Union.  Plus, there are so many counties in Texas!  I can't even imagine watching them wrap their brains around analyzing each county surrounding our fair little burg.

One of my sweet friends straight up asked me who I voted for today.  I hadn't had anyone actually ask me...People are so careful not to step on toes these days that I feel like we don't end up actually discussing candidates, we just proclaim on Facebook (if that is how you are), forward slanted emails,  tell people to ambiguously GO  VOTE!, or generally just dance around the topic.  Back to my friend asking me... we ended up having a nice, albeit quick, convo about some of our views on things.  It was good to discuss some issues with a reasonable person.

While we were talking, I did find myself kind of saying things that weren't terribly strong.  I kind of backed off from some of my views, because I didn't want her to judge me.  However, I am also the type of person that picks a lot from the left and the right so it can be hard for me to form a decent answer as to why I voted the way I did (wink).  I wish we could vote on issues sometimes instead of one person who is supposed to embody everything that we believe in.

oh, Wolf just called Florida a squeaker contest...weird!


No comments:

Post a Comment