Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas this year was fun, and tiring...but fun!  We hosted my side of the family at our house on Sunday.  It was the year that we did things super simple, with sandwiches, queso, dips, and salad.  Usually, we do every other year with a ham and all the sides alternating with a sandwich tray from the grocery store.  It worked out well that the sandwiches fell this year because everyone had a lot going on.

I decorated our living room with Mutti's Christmas tree (we lost the top half of ours in the move) and lit garland so everything looked super nice and cozy!  I was also able to get out my Pottery Barn dishes and other decor which is fun.  I love kitschy Christmas stuff!!

The next day, we left for Katy.  That night we had Christmas with Scott's dad's side!  I got schooled, and do do mean SCHOOLED at dominoes by Scott's cousin, Cody.  It was made doubly embarrassing due to the fact that Scott got me a set of dominoes for Christmas that has the TCU logo on it next to the words, "Jane Always wins." He added that phrase because Scott and I have played dominoes many many times and I think he has won once.  Cody, however, knows some serious strategy... I had no chance against him!

The next day we celebrated at my sister-in-law's house.  We didn't get to see Scott's mom's side because his sweet grandfather is in the hospital.  Scott did get to go visit and I kept Kai back and got to spend some great time with my niece, Erin.  I'm always impressed by how smart and grounded she is at age 11.  What a great gal.  There is a little 'tude in there, but what tween girl isn't feisty, right?  I really hope Erin decides to be a horned frog.  She is on the path!

We also got to spend a lot of time with my other sister-in-law, Kelly (and her husband Bogdan) and she is pregnant!  We had some great convos and I really hope I didn't overwhelm/annoy her with advice.  Once someone asks me a question about pregnancy/babies/items to purchase, it's hard to shut my mouth.  There are so many products and ideas/theories out there!

We also got to see the Frittses, Red, Becky and our friends the Turcos took us on a great tour of lights in their neighborhood.  We went to the Trail of Lights at Zilker, enjoyed a great Christmas service with local Austin artists at our church and Kai took a cutey pants picture with Santa!  We went to a church group white elephant party and then two work parties for Scott.  We tried to go to an Elf quote-a-along at Alamo Drafthouse, but something came up and we couldn't go.  Maybe next year!  We also got to swing by a family friend's party that we have been going to for many years! Scott and I really got in the spirit this year.  Hopefully, Kai will be ready for some good lights and fun parties next year!

Good times, and we hope you had a very merry Christmas!

P.S. I have pictures, but I'm sorting through my iPhoto album right now, so I can't find them!  Maybe I'll come back to this post, and add them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment