Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A trip to Horned Frog central!

This past weekend, our little family traveled to one of our most favoritest places in the world, Fort Worth, TEXAS!  I'm pretty fond of this wonderful purple haven, but it's mostly for the amazing family we had around us while we lived there for about 10 years.

Friday, we arrived and were greeted by our friends, the Howards, including their awesome and quite energetic D1 (Maddy) and D2 (Jane Jane).  We got situated and promptly put Kai booger to bed.

Maddy lost a tooth.


Saturday morning, we got up and relaxed a bit with Todd and Tina and then headed off to Kai's very first TCU football game!  We got to catch up with a few friends (mostly dudes, but some ladies!) at their tailgate.  It was an 11 am kick off so they had all breakfast food and it was all delish!  Jose made some killer breakfast tacos...seriously, they were so good! Kai didn't do great at the tailgate, it was hot and I took him to see the band march by and that promptly brought on the waterworks.  Sad to this band nerd mama!  He will love it eventually, I just know it!





Evidently, all of that action wore the little man out, because Scott had him on his shoulders and as we were walking up to our seats, Kai laid his little head right down on top of Scott's head and fell asleep!  It was so precious, a stranger even took a picture of him because he thought Kai was so cute!  I let him nap on me for about 30 minutes until he woke up and then Scott came and helped us up to our seats.





The little dude and I made it about 15-20 minutes, until Kai spit up (which he hasn't done in forever) and just generally got squirmy.  So we left and headed back to the Howard's house.  I know he will love it in a year or two, honey, I promise!  I also had a hard time sitting still with Kai there in the sun, and my back was bothering me a bit.  I'm such an old lady!




 After we all got back and rested, Tina and Todd hosted a bunch of our friends from FW over at their house for appetizers and dessert!  All the food was so goooooooood.  And seeing those amazing faces and getting a chance to hug them was just fab.  Got to see some new babies, the Dore's little Davis, and the Connelly's Maggie girl.  MMMMMMMMMmmmmmm little babies!  They were so little!  I was nervous to pick them up or put their binky back in and I just had one of those not 10 months ago.  It's crazy how quickly you forget that fragile and tiny state they are in just after being born.  A little wine and a good chat and we were off to bed.  The only picture I snapped that evening was one of Katie's whoopie pies.  Now they were good, but I don't know how I didn't get pics of all our friends!! I guess I was just caught up in the excitement.
 hmmm, I think Maddy took this.


Sunday, we woke up, went back to TCU and took family pictures with Tina!  She is seriously and amazing photographer and I can't wait to get all the pictures back.

Here is her business if you are in the DFW area and need some great shots of your family/child/senior/etc.

Fall Meadow Photography

And our first pic!



After that, it was on to the City Church! We had been wanting to visit the church our friend, Ben Connelly, started in FW for a long time but it just never happened.  What a great experience! Our friend Matt Hudson preached on incorporating God into the rhythms of your life.  Such a great reminder of how we don't have to take on more to experience God more.  I didn't get to hear the whole thing because I had to go get Kai dude who was tired and hungry.  Poor big baby. After that, we were on the road home.  It was a great and exhausting weekend filled with friends, smiles, laughter, good food, wine, babies, and horned frog fun!  Good times.




No comments:

Post a Comment