Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Re-Cast

I watched Sleepless in Seattle last night, and it made me think...if this movie was re-made today who would play the characters of Annie (Meg Ryan) and Sam (Tom Hanks)?  Not that I want to change  one of my all time favorites, but it was just fun to think about.

My idea was Mark Ruffalo as Sam and Amy Adams and Annie.

That led me to When Harry Met Sally. (duh)

Who would play Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (again, Meg Ryan)?

Scott and I considered Josh Radnor for Sleepless, but I'm thinking maybe he could pull off When Harry Met Sally...he has the sarcasm factor that Billy Crystal had.  Though with How I Met Your Mother, I don't think I could see him not knowing he was in love with his best friend, when he thinks he has fallen in love every five minutes on the show.

I was thinking Malin Ackerman for Sally (she was in Happythankyoumoreplease with Radnor) and I like her maturity. BUT I discussed this with Scott and we changed to a bit perkier Reese Witherspoon.  She would do a great job with the dialogue and be super charming. 

I think casting movies would be fun, but really hard! You have to make sure the right people accept your offer to take the role, but if one person turns it down that totally would throw off the mojo of the movie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment