Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Re-cap: Becky's Wedding!

My beautiful friend, Becky got married to her loverly (now husband) Justin on September 8.  Scott and I were able to fly out for the ceremony and various other events thanks to our parents and their generosity to watch our little mister.  

Leaving Kai was one of the hardest things I've ever done, seriously.  Before I had a child, I always thought it would be like...kiss kiss little baby see you in a couple days! But Scott had to start working on me like 9 months in advance because originally, I wanted to take the little stinker with us! I can't even imagine what that would have been like...a baby in the wine country of California sounds like a pretty tough hill to climb in retrospect.  

Speaking of wine country, the wedding was held at the beautiful Firestone Vinyard in Los Olivos.  So everything about this weekend was centered around LO, Santa Ynez, Buellton, and Solvang.  We rented a little house in Santa Ynez and shared it with the Frittses.  The house was beautiful, quiet, and sat on an amazing landscape of property.  Here was the view out our master bedroom window.
 Before the house though, we had to pick up our rental car and drive up the PCH of course....

 This was our amazeballs yellow Mustang convertible! 

Driving out to the valley took most of the day, but on the way there we stopped in LA to have lunch with our friend Nate.  After we got to Santa Ynez, we went to dinner in Buellton at the Hitching Post.  Featured in the movie Sideways, as most places we frequented were, this little restaurant claimed to have amazing BBQ steaks...hmmmmmmm.  I was expecting Scott's steak to be smothered in BBQ sauce, however they meant smoked/grilled and boy was it amazing! So smokey.  


Next day...WINE day.  Fess Parker (also featured in Sideways...)

 Gainey Vineyards, where we met up with some scallywags.
 Jane and Cecilia, hard at work forgetting they are mamas for a weekend!
 With the Frittses and the McIlherans.  Eating salami nuggets & cheese and trying delectable wines!

And another vineyard, can't remember the name... wink!

That night it was time for the pre-party...  This was our group of gals at a little place called Sarloos & Sons.  If you ever visit Los Olivos, go to there!  We didn't have their cupcakes, but supposedly they pair cupcakes with the wines during wine tastings. um yes please! I'll just have to go back.
 Saturday AM, pedi with the ladies in Solvang, and the boys went to golf.  Found out that Robyn (from How I Met Your Mother) and Taryn Killam got married that night where the dudes golfed.  We saw the Dean from Community and Nasim Pedrad from SNL just hanging around Solvang.  I geeked out a little.


At the wedding that evening.... (I didn't do a great job on my hair. boo.)
 BUT, my toes matched the theme of lavender perfectly!

Becky was so gorgeous!  Her dress was perfection.  And when she walked down the aisle with her daddy, the sun was starting to set it shone through the trees so pretty.  ah!  so good.

The program/fan with a little lavender sprig.  The wedding photographer had me hold all this and be her model because she said my dress and jewelery were perfect for her shots.  I hope to make it in the wedding album! 
 First dance!
 As we were leaving to make it to LAX...which we were late, missed our flight and did NOT get to see our big baby before he went to bed.  But we survived, got on the next flight...and relieved my mom from duty very late... she went to sleep at 2:30 am that "night" when she got home...big props to Grams!!!
All in all, an amazing trip with, beautiful friends, and memories to last a lifetime! Opa!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I didn't know you were updating your blog so frequently! While I should be working on my resume right now I just got time sucked into lots of blog catch up. Thank you for including our wedding, I can't wait to see those pictures of you with our program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Lot's of blogging lately. Hoping to keep it up. I better be in the album, Rebecca.

      Delete