Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

KGSR and summer anthems

I love KGSR.

period.

They play great music and it's a radio station!  Back in DFW we had NOTHING like this.  I listened to entirely too much pop music that was just fed to me through the crappy radio stations that exist there.  Now, mind you, I'm not going to fault anyone for a good guilty pleasure moment with Kesha, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, maybe even a rousing rendition of Pitbull.  But c'mon people! This is the first and only station that I listened to before switching to the mix station that just recycles this crap six months later?  blah. 

I will also say that I'm not a person that goes looking and searching for the newest and best indie artists.  I generally let good music come to me. No, I do not know the coolest new folk indie group from Brooklyn (is that even the spot these days? Cause I've lost track)  BUT, I am finding refreshing tracks coming across the airwaves via....KGSR.

A few summer anthems this year:

Some Nights by Fun.
Honeypot by Bob Schniedypants.
Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer
And pretty much anything from the Black Keys

There's more, I just need them to come to me!  I'll update this list later.

No comments:

Post a Comment