Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day Twenty-Six: Think back five years ago...How have I changed since then?

Five whole years ago, I was a measly 24 years old.  About half of the year 2007, I worked at Six Flags Over Texas.  It was a super fun job!  I was the PR Coordinator and helped create events, work with the media, and just terrorize the park workers in general.  It was good times.  Here I am with my friends Emily and Bugs.  The three of us were inseparable. I left Six Flags in July of 2007, and went off to pursue my Masters in Education!  It was a scary transition, but luckily I loved grad school and my husband was super supportive!


I also found this picture from 2007 the other day.  This is my grandfather, we called him Pochi.  He passed away not too long after this, but this was his birthday with me and my brother.  He served his country all his life, beginning in the Air Force!


I have changed a lot since the year 2007!  I have had a child, which has changed me immeasurably, got a masters degree, and changed my career path.  In general, I have just grown a lot and am a lot more forward focusing.  I like to organize and make plans for myself.  I feel like back then, I was just kind of wandering along taking whatever was thrown at me or making decisions without working through the consequences...and now I have grabbed a hold of my life (as much as a God-fearing woman can) and have a least a loose understanding of where we hope to go as a family.  Plus, my world isn't just about me (and my hubby) anymore! Kai is involved.  He is our world and we have to make decisions based around what will be best for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment