Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mom Vs. Hand Washing

Okay, the title of this doesn't mean I'm going AGAINST hand washing with a baby, or in general for that matter.  Seriously, ew.  It does however mean that when you have a baby things like this are increasingly difficult!  Not for me to help the baby wash his hands but simply for me!

Imagine: mmmmmm...Kerbey Lane pancakes...  mid lunch/brunch with cute baby next to you starting to get a little fussy.  I'm going to try to fix this... It's time to change the diaper.  I get up and head to the bathroom (Luckily for me, they have a changing table!  What a thought people!  Firebowl and Starbucks I still hate you sometimes for not having changing tables.  I left a very strongly worded comment card at Firebowl when they told me to go change my kiddo's diaper at Chipotle the other day.  Whaaaaaa?)

Steps off soap box.

Finish up changing diaper, and now it's time to get clean!  But wait, I still have to hold my baby b/c he can't stand yet, and I can't leave him on the table b/c he would fall off and then need stitches or worse.

So this is how it goes, and I only learned this from watching another mom... Put one hand under faucet get wet, get soap on that hand, use same hand to squish it around, rinse, get a paper towel, and dry...Switch baby to other hip (the one he slides off of slowly, EVERY TIME) and repeat.  By the time I finish, baby has slid all the way down to my knee and I waddle back over to paper towels to dry off and set baby back up on proper hip.  (found out I have slight scoliosis, by the way, who knew?!)

That is how I wash my hands. It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment