Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Discoveries

I was listening to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" yesterday and there were a few tidbits that I mentally wrote down in my brain to look up when I got home. 

one.

Sleep Walk With Me- It's a new movie that has been shown at many an independent movie festival this year and is in limited release, starting....tomorrow!  I thought that I would come home and tell Scotter about it and he would say, "oh wow, Jane. You are so in the know.  That movie sounds totally awesome and I would love to take you to Trulucks and then go see it at the independent theatre with all the old people."  However, nope!  "Oh yeah, I saw that preview," was all I got.  After he responds in this sort of way in general, I just stand and stare at him until I get a more acceptable response.  Sounds wife-like, eh?

Ah well.  Maybe he'll read this and at least take me to Torchy's before we go.  eh?  Anyhoo...Mike Birbiglia (a comedian) wrote, directed and stars in this film that chronicles his life as a sleep walker/scared dude in a relationship.  Once, he walked out a second story window...in his SLEEP!  In the interview on WWDTM, he said he would sleep in a sleeping bag with mittens on so that he wouldn't open the bag in his sleep to let himself out.  Awesome. 

two.

Blog.  This was super exciting to me when I heard it, however, now that I have looked it up it is a little more "fresh" than I planned.  There was this guy in 2010 who vowed to watch Julie and Julia everyday for 365 days, and DID IT!  His language is pretty colorful and has some foul references, but overall I'd say it is a pretty great premise, and I'm interested in reading through a lot of it. I had to do a little work to start at the beginning, because of the ways blogs are displayed, so here is the link to the page where day one should start at the bottom.  Enjoy.

Day one: The Lawrence/Julie&Julia project

Lastly, Happy birthday to Rupert Grint tomorrow! 
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU1ODg1NjQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYwMDc0NA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love you...and that is totally not how I reacted.

    ReplyDelete