Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

What Olympic sport do you think is the most beautiful to watch?

I'm going to split this into the two seasons of the Olympics...

Summer: I love to watch the women's uneven bars.  I think that it's so crazy to see them flip and fly around those bars.  It is scary because this can happen.
I saw this on one of the specials about Kerri Strug during the olympics coverage the other night..

I BARELY remember the magnificent seven even though I was 13 at the time!  It seems like I should remember that better.  I do know I watched them compete, but maybe I was just too concerned with who liked who in middle school band at the time.  Yikes.  I will also say that I have seriously enjoyed watching Michael Phelps win and win and win.  But, as for the most beautiful sport I think gymnastics definitely has that won. 

Winter:  I used to love me some figure skating.  Yamaguchi, Kwan, Witt, Kerrigan... I haven't watched as much in the past few olympics as you can tell by all my dated name references.  So I need a new sport to pick, hmmmmmmmmmm...speed skating is kind of cool.

I like the summer sports better.






2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you don't remember the Magnificent 7. I SOOOO remember watching them in '96 and was obsessed with Dominique, Kerri, and Shannon. The rest were all kind of a blur, but I specifically remember loving "The Devil Went Down to Georgia," even more after Dominique's floor routine. You were a ballerina so you had your creative outlet where as I was a country girl with no dance or gymnastics so the Olympics was amazeballs. And yes, I love watching the gymnastics and track....and quidditch. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel like I should remember it! I really think it was the band thing. : )

      Delete