Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gift basket fun

I have found a small creative outlet, besides reading books and writing this blog.  I'm not a super artsy person...Even when I did ballet/dance I was always better at following choreography than I was at creating it.  (Though I've never really tried to choreograph, it something I would like to do!)

Anyway, I have made a couple little gift baskets for friends and family...  They are super fun to make!  I'm sure most people could do it, but they look impressive and I always get a good eyebrow lift when I bring one to a party or give one to a friend.  Here are my latest attempts! 

 This one was for my friend, Ali, at her baby shower a few months ago...She just had a baby boy!
This one didn't come out as great as the rest...it was for my Goddaughter, Maddy...  She turned 4.  There's a tutu down in the bottom that I should have fluffed up with tissue.  I thought a bow inside would be cute, and it just didn't translate. 
I made one for my dear friend Cici (Maddy's mama)  as well, but I forgot to take a pic!  bummer.  It was really cute.  It had lots of things she needs to start a new school year.  Since I didn't get to shop for school supplies for me, I had fun shopping for her and getting her snacks to keep in her room!

Lastly, I made this one for my brother.  Beer is a really good base because you can then set a whole bunch of stuff inside to stick up and out.  Plus, who doesn't love to drink something called Moose Drool? (*note that is the Wheel of Fortune Wii game, and Goonies in the background.)


I'm working on making better bows, my mom makes amazing bows, and I just can't ever seem to get mine quite right.  I've looked up tutorials, and maybe I'm just not buying the right ribbon.   I don't know.

 If you ever want me to make a basket for YOU to give as a gift I would love to! It's super fun, and I really enjoy it. 

3 comments:

  1. If you feel like you need more practice and want to send one up this way, I will be more than happy to be your ginny pig. :) Aren't you happy that you have willing friends like me? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete