Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

If you could be any age again for a week, which would you choose?

Easy.  Seventeen.  But I would know my husband and we would be BFGF.  Except that he would be at his current temperament not his high school temperament.  I've been told he was a little feisty.  I loved high school.  Life was so easy then, and I didn't have any responsibilities.  Sure, I wasn't the mature and wise lady that I am now, but I saw some kids do cartwheels as they walked out of the local high school today, and I just thought I would really enjoy being there again.

Think about it,

Every time I did something stupid or weird, people just chalked it up to me being young!

I didn't have to make my own money.

I got to read books and study just because.  (now I love school, then I didn't love it so much back then...so I would go back understanding that learning RULES. Wow, I'm a super nerd.)

I didn't care that I was pretty dorky.  Except that I did quit band and join dance team (one would think this was to up my cool quotient), but that was really only so I could get attention from band guys.  Can I get an amen?

I could drive...and by then, I had gotten my NEW CAR!  I got a Mercury Cougar when I was a senior in high school.  Before that, I did have an 88 Buick Century.  Memory: When I got my new car,  I drove it home by myself from the dealership AND...I rolled the windows down and blasted Independent Women Part II from Charlie's Angels on repeat.  I thought I had MADE it.  wow.

 (Me choosing to be seventeen is also discounting that I have a son now, and I wouldn't trade that for anything...so I wouldn't really go back because being 29 is pretty great, but if I wasn't looking at the little face that I love so much...then seventeen is it.)

For now I will leave you with this...



Hey boys!  (I'm on the left, my friend Sarah is on the right.)









No comments:

Post a Comment