Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Movie night: Pride and Prejudice!

Scotter is out tonight at frisbee so I'm home with a baby monitor buzzing white noise at me...

I took the evening to watch Pride and Prejudice, the version with Keira Knightly.  I will start by saying that I love her!  She just has such a unique look about her and I feel like she can really say a lot with her expressions.  And let me tell you, the actor that played Mr. Darcy, James McFayden, is a serious John Cusack lookalike, but younger and maybe a little more sincere. (I think that is how I would put it.) They kept showing his blue eyes, so while he has this dark complexion like Cusack, his eyes make him look a little less intense. 

I was worried this version wasn't going to live up to my expectations, but it did!  Now I need to watch the version with Colin Firth.  All the stills I have seen make him look so young, I can't wait to see it.  Mr. Darcy is just so dreamy in general.  I'm not going to lie... there is something great about a serious man. 

There was a scene at the end of this movie that I did find interesting.  I wanted to hate it because it wasn't in the book, but it was so disarming and sweet, I found myself smiling.   (I'm trying the thing where I put the font in white, so that to read it you have to highlight it, I've gotten in trouble for ruining things for people so I'm doing what I can, people!) SPOILER: They had the main characters sitting together talking about what nicknames Mr. Darcy could call Elizabeth, and he said that he would call her Mrs. Darcy when he was "cross" with her.  She said no, that he could only call her Mrs. Darcy when he was the most happy.  So he proceeded to say "Mrs. Darcy," and kiss her ear, "Mrs. Darcy," and kiss her forehead...etc.  *sigh* it was very sweet.  

Lastly, Have you ever watched a movie all the way through and then spontaneously decided to watch all of the director commentary cut right afterward?  I watched about the first 45 minutes and then got so self-conscious about it!  I should have just finished it.  If anyone has done this and cares to comment please let me know what movie would be good/interesting enough to watch the commentary.  (I have done that for TV shows before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment