Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Clan of Cave Bear

I just finished The Clan of Cave Bear!

My mom bought this book for me on my Kindle (nice gift!) and said it was a series she read when she was younger, the first of which was published in 1980.  It looks as though there are six books total!  I have some serious reading to do if I want to keep up with Ayla.  (the main character)

Ayla is a cro-magnon human girl who is orphaned in an earthquake and ends up being saved by a neanderthal clan.  So this is set in an ancient era and explores her communication, differences, and struggles in growing up completely immersed in a culture foreign to her own.  I don't want to give too much away and I do feel like the first book was fairly slow but it was setting up the plot for more drama in the next books!

I'm going to set this series aside for a bit and switch gears into Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.  I haven't read many any books related to Christianity in a long while so I'm overdue, BUT judging by the remarks of friends who have read this book I'm excited to get going! 

No coke today so far...but I almost stopped on my way home from yoga.  yikes...I was ____this close!  Sweet Leaf Half and Half it is!  (the Arnold Palmer of SLTeas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment