Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Vice (not the Miami kind)

I have a serious addiction...to Coke! (the soda kind)

That bubbly, so sweet, beverage never ceases to amaze me.  I can be in a bad mood or having a seriously rough day and the moment where that sugary concoction reaches my lips I feel all my problems just melt away.

yikes. 

I need a replacement.  I really don't want my child addicted to this stuff!  I've kicked the habit before, but always come back to it months later.  It's one of those easily accessible things, and I tell myself that if Coke is one of my biggest problems in life that I'm doing pretty good right?  (I know I have bigger issues, but this is what I tell myself)

Also, I don't drink the diet stuff!!  I tell myself that's better too because at least it isn't that aspartame crap or whatever fake stuff they put in there...I'm doing the hard stuff!  The real deal! 

Should that make me feel better about myself?!?! NO!  

I've read that Coke can eat acid off a car battery, that it can eat away your stomach lining, dissolve a nail in a cup over time etc. etc. etc.  but I just can't permanently kick the habit! 

The combination of the pounds of real sugar and the battery acid melting ingredients of Coke which enter my body at a rate that is ungodly needs to be squashed!

Any advice here?  My first attempt is to switch to Sweet Leaf Tea as often as possible.  I do love that stuff and it replaces the caffeine and sugar...But no battery acid removal in those bevs!  I'm going to take it day by day because to me each day without a coke is a victory and I am not going to be able to do this cold turkey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment