Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Mom vs. Voicemail

I got to go to the grocery store by myself yesterday.  Which is as restful as taking a nap when you are a stay at home mom.  I put on my headphones and danced my way through the aisles.  I think I at least entertained the sample giver-outers at HEB!  I did make one mom mistake though.  On my way there I called a dear friend from Funky Town.  (Fort Worth for all you non-DFWers) and had to leave a voicemail.  On my way home, I decided to try another friend, and she was traveling and asked to call me back today.  So I tried one more friend and I got her voicemail too!  Blerg! Now I have 3 dear friends who owe me a call.

I am excited to hear from them, however, being a momma it's hard to catch people at the right time (the right time being when my child isn't screaming bloody murder and their child isn't howling into the phone sending me straight into a phonic oblivion.)  It's like kiddos know when to pump up the volume, get into fights, bump their little heads, and get "I'm so hungry if I don't eat now my toe is going to fall off" syndrome...eh?

Oh well, hopefully I will get to chat with you soon friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment